"Let's Play Tonight..."
Let's Play Tonight...
Co-creating Emotional & Sexual Intimacy for Couples
"This workshop took us from stagnation to unraveling the issues that were holding us back and to looking forward to new horizons." CH, Kansas
Saturday, May 2, 2020
9 a.m. to 5 pm. (with 90 minute break for lunch on your own)
Sunday, May 3, 2020
10:30 a.m. to 4 pm. (lunch included)
Northwest Denver location offers convenience and space for private conversations between partners
Participation in this 2-day workshop is intended to help you and your partner:
- Integrate your verbal emotional intimacy with embodied (physical) emotional intimacy.
- Expand and increase your experience and understanding of sexual connection within your relationship.
- Celebrate and expand your capacity for sexual pleasure, play, passion, and expression.
- Co-create a sexual intimacy that fulfills and pleases both of you.
- Increase your understanding of your positive and negative sexual cycles, including the role of emotions and attachment longings;
- Understand how you communicate your attachment longings and needs through embodied and physical emotions and sexuality;
- Experience body-based connection between you using both in-session and at home/in-private exercises;
- Identify raw spots and how they affect your physical intimacy;
- Engage in connecting and collaborative conversations to expand your sense of togetherness in working with your intimacy;
- Expand your views of the range and variety of human sexual response and expression to help undo experiences of performance anxiety, shame, inadequacy, and brokenness;
- Begin co-creating a sexual intimacy that fulfills and pleases both of you;
- Explore and describe your experience of body-based pleasure, including turn-ons and turn-offs and how you experience and cultivate desire within your relationship.
The workshop will include didactic presentation, partner exercises, and experiential activities. No nudity or sexual touching will occur during the workshop.
Prerequisite: Engagement in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, Completion of a Hold Me Tight® workshop, or equivalent. (Contact us for alternatives.)
Hold Me Tight® is a registered trademark of Sue Johnson.
Jennifer Lucas-Brown, LPC, CST is a licensed professional counselor and AASECT Certified Sex Therapist specializing in attachment and sexuality. She has provided numerous trainings for professionals on sexuality and sex therapy and she provides supervision and consultation for therapists who want to integrate sex therapy into their practices. Jennifer teaches the graduate level Introduction to Sex Therapy course at the University of Colorado, Denver. Prior to becoming a therapist Jennifer provided train-the- trainer workshops on a national comprehensive sexuality curriculum for teenage girls. She has a private practice in Denver and Golden, Colorado.
Bev Tuel, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist and certified therapist and supervisor of Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples. She specializes in helping couples heal from negative patterns and develop vibrant intimate relationships. She has taught couples therapy, ethics, and other courses at the University of Denver and University of Colorado and is one of the founders of the Denver Community of Emotionally Focused Therapists. Prior to beginning her private psychology practice she directed the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Resource Center at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Workshop is subject to minimum number of participants. In the even that organizers cancel or reschedule this workshop, registrants will receive full refund or option to apply fee to a future workshop.
Cancellations received by February 29, 2020 will receive a full refund, minus $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received between March 1-31, 2020 will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations received on or after April 1, 2020 will not receive a refund.
May 2020 Let's Play Tonight: Co-creating Emotional & Sexual Intimacy for Couples
Registration fee is per couple.
Cancellations received by February 29, 2020 will receive a full refund, minus $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received between March 1-31 will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations received on or after April 1 will not receive a refund.
Workshop is subject to minimum registration numbers. In the even the workshop is cancelled or rescheduled, you will receive a full refund or have your registration fee applied to another workshop, at your option.